1.11.2013

ANOTHER POST!

I swear when I blog, it encourages me to go back and read what I wrote, even if just a few days before... and then I feel like writing some more! Not that I really have anything cool to talk about or document, BUT i'll figure something out! I'm kind of starting to realize that this blog is kinda like when i talk to myself in my head... actually it's exactly that. Except im documenting it. Ok that sounds pathetic, but as a stay at home mother with two kids, REALISTICALLY, you really do talk to yourself alot. Or atleast I do. There's my confession.


So as I sit here, LOUDLY crunching on this crushed ice, it makes me think back on my pregnancies. Before getting pregnant with lyric, i never chewed ice. Never. I even hated when other people would do it because it was SO loud and annoying, even with their mouth closed. Well, being pregnant with Luve and now this little guy, i CRAVE the hell out of it!!! Not that it has any taste, but just the coldness and crunchy-ness it has.. it's just perfect. If Saia and I are talking about it, my mouth will literally start to water and i'll have to get some from the freezer. I've read that it's due to a lack of Iron.. but I take my prenatal vitamins pretty religiously and still suffer this problem. It's not a problem to me though, it's just amazing. Im sure another pregnant person out there (current or prior) has experienced this same joy. Something that's kind of funny, too, is that both lyric and luve LOVE ice. When we crush it from the freezer crusher (you know, ice dispenser), we eat it SO much. They love it just as much as I do. Now that lyric talks, she asks for ice when I have some... and if i'm crunching, luve looks at me and makes little grunting sounds while moving his mouth around signaling that HELLO, he wants some too. What can I say? We're addicted. Saia thinks we have a problem.


Anyway - a conversation that came up the other night really cracked me up. Saia & I were talking about before we were married. Well we lived together, and I personally remember cooking often for him. I mean even before we had OUR own place, together. From my one bedroom apartment which I lived in when we met, to my townhome, and then our apartment together, I Just remember cooking for him often. Anyway apparently this guy remembers differently. I asked him "what did I used to cook at our old apartment?" and his answer? TUNA SANDWITCHES AND SOUP. hahah... i about died. (By the way, by SOUP he means the bowl of noodle you find next to Ramen in grocery stores.)


REALLY SAIA?????


Thats all that kid remembers. WOW. I mean, it's true, we did eat that ALOT. Almost every day actually around lunch time because I craved it like crazy while pregnant with Luve. We would soak our sandwitches in that Sriacha sauce - you know, the spicy rooster sauce found at every chinese restaurant with the red bottle and green top? That one. I was seriously addicted! Anyway - the reason I asked him was because we were BROKE before getting married. Well no, not broke, but we definatly did spend our money on things that we dont anymore. (For example partying..) So we ate on a really limited budget! Well now I figure, if we did it then, why not try and do it now and be able to save a little more each month? I make pretty elaborate meals every. single. night. I've probably made him a sandwitch for dinner maybe... 4 times in the past year and a half? Not too shabby if you ask me! I'm always finding fun recipes on pinterest and putting my hands to work. So i thought, hmm, once or twice a week i'll go back to our old ghetto roots of whatever we ate before....


............and apparently thats Tuna sandwitches and Soup.


Anyway!


One fun bit of information for your info hungry little eyes is that Saia's little brother, Vikia, is coming to live with us!! When? TODAY! Haha. He served his mission just 3 hours away from us, in Houston, Texas, and returned to the family in Salt lake December 19th. Well not even a month later, he's headed back to Texas, but this time to live with us. I'm excited! I'm SO happy we'll have a little bit of our Vainuku family out here with us.. and HOPEFULLY that will bring us some visitors! (hint hint). But other than that, i'm excited for more Tongan to be spoken in our home, to benefit the kids (and me!). Lyric knows a bit already and says a few words. I'm so proud of her! With her learning, it helps me learn. No i'd never speak it (other than to my kids haha) but it's always good to understand, so when we go visit family, I atleast KIND of know what they are talking about.


Well that's about all for today. I need to continue cleaning and all of that, preparing for Uncle Vikia to arrive tonight! We are so excited :)

No comments: