4.15.2013

Yes please

So here I am again, on my "lunch break" we'll call it, while the kids are napping. I should probably be cleaning, but it's ok. Laundry and dishes are being washed right now so a small break should be allowed ;)

Anyway! A lot is going on around here. Some good, some bad and some ugly! We won't get into all of that just yet, BUT I want to say I'm just learning so much about life. So much about family as a structure, so much about people, and just so much about me. You know, being a mother truly has made me a better person. I can say that I've always had a good heart, but I let things get the best of me, and let an ugly side of me come out. Hey, I'm not perfect. We have all had our good and bad days, right? Yes. Well Moving here to texas and taking myself out of certain environments has, in my opinion, made me into who I really am. It's brought that "good person" back out of me. Not that it was gone, but it was definitely a bit hidden. I had let myself slip out of ME and into a completely different person. I don't know how else to explain that.

So anyway, I'm just looking at life a lot differently lately. I've learned a TON from my mom since moving here to texas. She has always been a good example, and is just a good person. Period. She always taught me to look for and try to only see the good in people, and to also choose wisely where to put your energy. By that I mean pick and choose your battles. Don't get so worked up over things that don't deserve it, or that you can't change. For example, if someone is being ugly to you, SURE you can get on their level and fight back, or you can just let it go. I've learned to let it go. If something happens in life that you have NO control over, JUST LET IT GO. Getting worked up isn't going to change that situation, so why waste your energy? Don't.

I'm trying to look at things differently, as well. Abraham Lincoln has some pretty great quotes floating around out there. One of my recent fav's is "you can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses." SO PERFECT. Change your perspective. Life opens up so much when you try and find joy in things. The more positive you are, the more you'll be able to welcome positivity into your life :) amen and the end.

On another note, I'm trying to be and eat healthier. I've been having a green smoothie for breakfast in the mornings or a peanut butter banana smoothie which is DELICIOUS and healthy. A few ice cubes, 2 bananas, half(ish) cup of almond milk, tbsp of peanut butter, and a half cup of cooked oatmeal. Try it. Soooo good. I told saia it really tastes like ice cream! He didn't think so, but that's just because the kid eats REAL ice cream daily. Ohh to have the fastest metabolism! What a blessing. Haha. Anyway!  So I'm also tryyyyiinngg to fit in a little work out here and there. Ill be honest, it doesn't happen every day that's for sure! It's hard with three kids, but not impossible, so I'm doing the best I can and that's what matters. But just a little note to my future self if you don't mind :

Andie, if you plan to get pregnant ever again, PLEASE remember a few things.

1. Though you're probably craving soda, don't drink it. It'll make you unnecessarily fat and it'll suck to work off after your pregnancy.

2. Though those cookies and little Debbie's cakes DO taste so good... Don't eat them. They will make you fat and it'll suck to work off after your pregnancy.

3. Get your fat pregnant ass up and take a walk. Every. Single. Day. IT'LL MAKE YOU LOOK BETTER AND FEEL BETTER, ESPECIALLY AFTER YOUR PREGNANCY.

Please trust this advice, because its coming from your old large self that is currently trying so hard to get rid of the soda that you drank as well as the cookies and little Debbie's cakes you chose to eat.

SINCERELY, 
Me. Well, you. Or I guess, US.

No comments: