4.05.2013

How did I get here?

Have you ever had that thought? How did I get to where I am today? It's not really a literal question, as if I feel someone dropped me into this life that I didn't have before, but more of a whoa, look at my life type thing. As saia and I sat at the dinner table last night, I asked him if he could believe that we are where we are today. We were sitting with lyric and Luve and baby vita was in his swing. He said "yeah, and I love it!" Perrrrrrfect answer, my darling. Haha but truly it's just crazy where we are today. We have surely come such a long way and have grown so very much. Love and dedication are to thank, as well as The Lord. We have made our fair share of mistakes, but The Lord knows our hearts and have helped us get to where we are today. If someone had asked me the year lyric was born where I saw my life in 3 years, I would have truly never expected it would be here. I would have answered with every detail of my life now had they asked where I WISH to be or WANT to be in three years. That goes to show you can have whatever you want. I'm truly so blessed, and so happy in my life. We have these three perfect little blessings, and a happy marriage! We're not perfect but we are perfect together and aaaaaanyone who has a problem with that can kiss my big fat ass. Haha but really. I'm happy, Saia is happy and our kids are the happiest out there! Life is great.

Ok part of that last statement was false. My poor Luve is NOT happy. He's struggling! Poor guys lips have been swollen for three days now and he has a rash al over his legs! We were at the drs yesterday for his 1yr check up and vita's newborn check up. The dr said the rash is just irritated skin. The ONLY thing I can think of that has changed is at I've been putting the color fizzy bath things in their bath water. They got som from the Easter bunny and maybe his skin just doesn't like it? It might not even be that, but that's the only thing I could come up with. In other news, he's still having a hard time adjusting to the new baby. He's still not a fan of him, and I truly can't wait for the day that they will be In the same room together and I won't have to worry about Luve pinching poking or hitting him! Oh what a dream ;)

So other than my poor boog having a hard time, life is grand. Vita is a little over two weeks old and is conquering the world already! Talking, running around and eating pizza. Ok I kid. However he is still a fantastic sleeper and eater! What more could we ask for? Oh, his one fault...... He kid has peed on me more times than lyric and Luve EVER did, combined. He's peed on lyric once too, so now each time I go to change his diaper, she runs and says "careful of the water mommy!" Lol it's hilarious. That dang water, gets us every time! ;)

Ok, so there is One thing I haven't mentioned that I wanted to hold off on until I got final results. But now they are here! Our baby Vita failed his first in hospital hearing test the day he was born. He passed his right ear but failed his left. I was assured it was probably just liquid in the ear, or due to him moving around so much. I was told to come back within 5-10 days to have him retested. Though I've heard lots of stories of this kind of thing happening, I was still a little worried. So after a week and a half I brought him back in for the retest. I was told if he fails, we will be referred to an audiologist to see what was going on. I was sure he'd pass! As the test went on for about 20 minutes, I watched the percentages go up and down. As it neared the end, I knew he wasn't going to pass. I immediately felt the tears coming to my eyes but tried SO hard to hold them back until I left the hospital. The nurse that helped me gave me the card with the # to call if someone hadn't contacted me by Friday, so I could set up an appointment. As I left the room out to my car, the tears just started to fall. I looked at my perfect boy and asked myself if this was real, and if it was, how will I prepare myself to deal with this, forever. I got home and told saia, and he assured me everything would be ok and for me to pray. He's just great. So comforting, and I love him for it. Anyway, the next two days until his drs appt I made all kinds of noises to see if he would react to them. Some he did, some he didn't. I was sure he could at least hear a little, which was comforting. Anyway, yesterday at his drs appointment I let our pediatrician know about his hearing results and asked if he could check if there was maybe fluid in his ears. He said they actually had the testing machine there and I didn't need to go to the audiologist. They tested him and he can hear perfectly from both ears. I felt such a strong release of built up worry and confusion. Thaaaaank The Lord. Truly. We are blessed. Three happy healthy children who are perfect in our eyes.

No comments: