10.05.2012

Respect.

I know, I know.... I just posted an entry maybe.... 30 minutes ago? If even that. I guess my goal to be a better blogger is taking full effect! Just kidding. Kind of.


Anyway - the real reason I had the desire to blog wasn't to update "whoever" on my kids/family. Though thats the best reason in the world! What prompted me to hop back on here, is really the fact that i had a zillion and eight things going through my head about a certain subject, and had no where else to dump. No facebook, no social life, etc. (jk on the social life - but again only kind of).


Anyway! Take a wild guess what that certain "subject" is.... are you guessing? Or did you just guess it's about my title? Well ding ding if you got it right. It's about respect. Respect has a whole new meaning to my life lately. I've always been taught respect, to respect others as well as yourself, but lately i've been seeing such a LACK of respect, and im going nuts! Let me explain.....


So a few months back, I got rid of my facebook. I was basically tired of people complaining, and of comparing my life to the shining moments of others. What i mean by that is if i was having a crappy day, I would see that someone else's day was fantastic, they recieved flowers, they won the lottery, etc. Whatever. In truth, people generally only post the positive things going on in their life. Or atleast they want to draw the most attention to it. GREAT for them. And for me, when i have great days. BUT what it doesn't show is their crappy days. Crappy just like the one that maybe i happened to be having at the moment. The internet lies, man. Haha - sounds crazy but that is (in a nutshell) why i decided to erase my facebook. I've been happy without it, too. Sure there are moments i miss seeing what everyone is up to, seeing my friends children growing, etc. But then i realize i am where i need to be. Spending more time with my kids, not competing online.


Anyway! So a while after my break up with facebook, i hopped on Instagram. It's fun, just a bunch of friends who post pictures. Friends and Kim Kardashian. Is it necessary for her to post so many pictures of her serious, non smiling face? Truth is I dont mind. It's kind of fun to "follow" a couple celeb's and see what they're up to. The girls from Teen Mom too! Yes im a guilty watcher. Sue me. So Instagram is where i've seen all this LACK of respect going on. 3 words for you...

I AM BAFFLED.

I dont even know if that makes complete sense, but thats about all i can come up with. There are so many celebrity's who post pictures online, and i CANNOT get over how negative people are. Like, unnecessarily negative. For example: teen mom Jenelle posts a picture of her new shoes. Cute. You expect people to respond with "cute shoes!" or "ehh.. not my fav"... whatever. What you DONT expect is for them to start bashing her life. "MAYBE you should be more concerned about your kid than your shoes"... another example - Snooki. Snooki posts a picture of herself and people respond with "dont you think you should be taking care of your kid rather than taking pictures of yourself? How do you have time to do all these things with a newborn" .... ok my argument or whatever right now seems pointless... just stay with me.... So anyway - those are rude comments and pretty unnecessary, right? Yes. Well THEN a little 15 year old comes in bashing the person who bashed the celeb with a "shut the (*^&( up you ignorant *&^*^ - go kill yourself"


WAIT.


She said... WHAT???????????????????


When the HELL did something like this become acceptable?? When did this start??? I honestly do remember bullies and being bullied a bit growing up. Sure. But to call someone out even just online, that you don't know, and not just that but to go so far to say "go kill yourself"?? I've at least come across that statement on Instagram over 10 times in the past week or so. And it's not like i fish through people's comments for it. It's just THERE. Everywhere. WHY are people so disrespectful and cruel? WHY and WHEN did a parent stop monitoring what their kids do? I would hope if these kids parents saw the way they were treating others, that something would be done. I know I am without a doubt NOT perfect, and I've said my fair share of mean things in my past. But go kill yourself?? Good lord. The majority of people i see saying this are females. Females to other Females. It happens with males too, but not as much (that I've seen). We've all heard of "cyber bullying" but i had absolutely NO idea it was this bad. I am sure 9 times out of 10 the person on the other side being called out doesn't care much, but what about the 1 person that does? What happened to respecting OURSELVES enough to not degrade someone? Where has society seriously gone? Other than "down the tubes" i have no way to describe it. What will it take for people to make a difference? Seriously. As a stay at home mom this makes me feel SO disconnected from Society, to be so shocked by something like this that maybe others just blow right past. But im SO glad I AM disconnected and not apart of it! I am ranting and raving it seems but it just makes me so sad. If females don't respect themselves and others, why would a man? I am terrified for my kids to grow up around all this garbage. I will be SURE to teach them right from wrong, respect, and will make SURE i am apart of their DAILY lives to not skip out on signs i shouldn't miss. I don't want my kids wrapped up in all the trash of today's world.


What happened to the world..........

No comments: