10.05.2012

Slow down, please.

Wow, has it really been over 9 months since i've updated? Im embarassed. Not because I write for anyone inparticular to read, but because this serves as a journal of some sort, and I haven't kept up with it. I haven't documented all the fun things we've done the past 9 months, haven't uploaded pictures, haven't expressed feelings, nothing! Sad. Well, as they say you cant change the past, but you can change the future. So here I am!! Well, where to start? The kids are seriously huge. Luve is turning 9 months in a few short days and Lyric will be 2 in about a month. WHAT?!?!?! Yes 2. I still remember her being born. I remember every single detail about her birth, my labor story, etc. I cannot believe my little diva is going to be two! Where on earth does time go? You know, i sat the other day watching TV or messing around on my phone and realized from what seemed like one second to the next, nearly 10 minutes had passed. It feels like time is going faster these days than it did when I was a carefree child. It scares me a little bit, because though I absolutely LOVE seeing my babies grow, i don't want them to grow forever. I want them to reach a certain age, then just stay there. All of us. I want to cherish every single second with them and our family in general. I don't want their lives to go as fast or even faster than mine did. I want this happiness to just last forever. I plan to make that happen. SO back to them being huge. Lyric is running, dancing, and singing all the time. She's our little diva, seriously. I love her personality and her love of what seems like everything. She is VERY independent, but has her moments of wanting to be snuggled (though they are rare). She is happy playing on her own but also loves other kids. She gets so excited just watching other kids in the neighborhood ride their bikes or interact with each other. She is truly heaven sent and I could never ask for a better little girl. She is perfect. I swear she's been this way since day 1! Luve, 8 months old, is ALL over the place. He crawls so fast and pulls himself up on everything! He is working on growing his 6th tooth! He loves eating, sleeping, being held and his sister. He seriously thinks lyric is THE funniest thing on earth. He's also extremely fascinated by our little dog who drives me insane. (that's a whole other story - we wont go there). Anyway - he is such a bundle of JOY! Generally a very happy baby, though he doesn't like when someone isn't paying attention. He's definitely not as independent as his sister, but that's just fine. He's perfect to us as well :) Saia & I just love watching them interact with each other. I love seeing them play and grow and cant wait for the years to come. Saia & I are both doing great. He is busy working and I'm of course busy with these two little characters. There are days I do go crazy and get stressed out, but then i realize I am extremely blessed to be home with them and be able to see all the fun things they do and learn. I LOVE being a stay at home mom! I wouldn't change it for anything in the world. Well one more thing, we just got our tickets to go back to utah for a little vacation and family time, and we are so excited! I know Saia is home sick so he needs a good dose of family (and tongan food! haha) every few months. I also love to have our kids around all their cousins. We dont have lots of family here, so it's a fun treat for Lyric especially to get to play with all her cousins on her Daddy's side. I also am looking forward to cooler weather! This 90 degrees business is just not ok in October! I want to see the pretty fall leaves that turn the mountains all kinds of colors. I miss all of that SO much. And snow. Im not asking for snow while we're in Utah, but I do know we will eventually end up living back there and I cannot wait. I grew up in Hot Texas and didn't get to experience snow until I was an adult. I want my kids to have it, though. I want the warm fireplace inside and the snow falling outside. I want them to have it all :) Anyway - that's our current life in a nutshell. We are happy and blessed, and there isn't much more we could ask for.

No comments: