10.17.2012

WHY ME!

OK.... have any of you ever gotten a hair cut that you hated?


.........lets start over...........


You know those stories you've heard about people who go in to the hair salon (or great clips, whatever fits your budget), and come out looking not so hot? Basically they ask for one thing and get another? Yeah, those stories are always so sad... but extremely hilarious. Well that was until today. Why you may ask?


IT HAPPENED TO ME.


So, my "salon" of choice was great clips. It fits in my budget! Not only that, but i just wanted something simple done, not anything too wild/crazy, nothing seemingly difficult, so great clips it was. I was ready! Bye Lyric & Luve, mama will be back looking FRESH!


Or so I thought.


So I walk in and was greeted by a nice young man. Typed in my phone # and said "Mrs Vainuku?" Yes thats me. Then a nice chubby lady said "i'm open, i'll do it!" (by the way, had my hair not come out the way it did, i wouldn't refer to her as 'chubby'.. but whatever. she deserves it!) Anyway - so I sit down and we start talking. I love going places with adults, because im able to have a nice sit down without kids everywhere, and enjoy some adult conversation. I let her know what i want done, and even show her a picture. "3 inches off the bottom, and lots of layers like this (shows picture)" Ok, sounds good! So she starts. She eventually says the length is all off now she will start the layers. She specifically said "it's going to look like alot of hair is gone, but dont worry, we're done with the length so no more of that will go."

EXCELLENT! She definatly knows what she's doing.

So we continue our conversation, she lets me know she graduated hair school in July.. July as in just a few months ago. *crickets* ok WHAT? Why would I get stuck with a lady who has been cutting hair for like 4 months? And my hair is as long as most peoples arms! Whatever, i told her "i have faith in you"... even though i was starting to sweat a little.

CHOP CHOP CHOP

And then "we're all done!" then she says "so alot of times once customers get home and dry the hair, it doesn't look how they wanted. It looks great while wet but different once dry, so if there is something you dont like, just come back in and we'll fix it." Hmm.. made me a little nervous! I figured id pay, go home to my babies and figure out if I liked it then. After all, if I didn't like it, what would I have said? You suck!!!! No, that's just uncalled for. Or so I thought at the time. So I pay, and go to pull my hair up to a pony tail, and "whoa whoa whoa.... something is missing... for some reason my hair is WAY light and feels really short." Is what was playing through my head. I walked out of there, got into the car and headed the whole mile and a half home.

I CRIED. I dried my hair, and CRIED! This trick seriously cut like 9 inches off my hair. YES my hair was super long and probably TOO long, but its my hair. I paid for something I was supposed to like, what I asked for. Well... lets just say i have alot less hair now. Im even too embarassed to put up a picture. It doesn't look HORRIBLE to most im sure, but it's horrible. Just trust me. It barely under my chest. Im sure that's long to alot of people, but not me. My hair is seriously my security blanket. I have had long hair since probably the 7th grade after i cut it to my shoulders and it looked like a witches broom. WORST. MISTAKE. EVER. (never to be repeated!) So ever since then, i've had luxurious long locks! Frick you GREAT CLIPS!!

UGH....


Next time maybe i'll just listen to my husband and let HIM cut my hair. Pretty sure it'd look better than what this lady did.

No comments: