3.26.2013

Life with three

My name is Andrea Vainuku,  and I am a mother of three.

What?? I am still adjusting to the sound of it. Still getting used to someone asking "is this your first?" And replying with "no, he is my third" :) HOWEVER, I must say, life is GOOD! Adding another child to your family is always a little nerve wracking, and has you wondering how life will change, but it's actually been rather smooth for me! Baby Vita is one week old today, and though I clearly remember life before he was born, I cannot imagine life now without him. He's still as perfect as he was one week ago today when they placed him in my arms. He nurses like a champ and is so easy going. He sleeps GREAT, and unlike my other two, he loves being swaddled. As much as I wished during my pregnancy that he was a girl, I am now so grateful he's not. He's just so cute and perfect, and no one could tell me otherwise.

As I said, adjusting has been way easier than I thought it would be. Vita and I got home from the hospital Wednesday, and Saia left town early Friday morning. For FOUR days. Though I was fine with him going, I was so scared at the same time. I had a million scenarios going through my head of getting nothing done, him coming home to the house a DISASTER, etc. I cried the whole way home from the airport. How was I going to take care of three kids? And Alone? Well let's just say it was NOTHING like I expected. Though the kids and I missed him terribly, things actually went fairly smoothly! Not only that, but I had time to clean! I deep cleaned the bathroom and our room as well. Lundry done! He came home to a clean kitchen, too. I am so impressed with myself, haha. All of that done with a two year old, one year old and newborn. Yes, I am superwoman, or that's at least how I felt.

Saia, by the way, was in Chicago for a rugby game. That kid is always going fun places, I swear! I'm glad, though, because he is truly such a hard worker, so when he has trips that he's able to take, I love for him to go and enjoy himself. He deserves it. He returned home late last night and though the kids haven't seen him yet, I know they will be SO excited when he's home from working today. Lyric always asks for daddy morning noon and night. She's such a daddy's girl.. And I love it!


Anyway, it's time I wrap this up. I have a peacefully sleeping baby in his swing and two crazy ratchet children who are in their beds SUPPOSED to be napping, but all they're doing is laughing and talking back and forth. Who could complain? I've had about 30 minutes so far to myself. Tv is off and I'm just enjoying everything around me. LIFE. IS. GOOD.

No comments: