2.03.2013

Hungry? Grab a ......

I just saw a snickers commercial, and to me they're all pretty dumb. Who came up with the slogan for them? Who really wants a snickers if they're hungry? I'd prefer a sandwich or something... Wouldn't you!? I mean snickers are good, but nothing that would cure my hunger or anything!

Anyway, so this past week flew by, and I can't get over the fact that its already the second week of February! Well, you know what I mean. February is short as it is! So it's tax season. WOOOOHOOOO! We love tax season. Thank you turbo tax for your easy online methods of filing taxes, and for the 8k+ we are to receive. Ohh but wait, unfortunately we owe quite a bit on some student loans and the govt decided they'd intercept that refund and pay themselves a little faster than we would have or even could have.

Yes, that really just happened. Yes I cried a little, a few times that day I found out. But alas, I am over it. Though I'm sure anyone would gladly accept 8k, I am also grateful that those 8k didn't come out of our pocket per say. That's a huge relief. That's a lot of debt that would have taken us a long time to pay off! We are now THAT much closer to being debt free.. Which is a great feeling! So now that our plan A is no longer an option, I am working hard on plan B. I know this happening truly is a blessing in the long run, so in a small teeny tiny part of my head and heart, I am grateful this has happened. But that's probably the only time ill admit to it ;).

So with all of that going on, I'm doing lots of planning. Not only financially, but in other areas of our life as well! I know I've said this before, possibly a hundred times, but I love Pinterest. It seriously inspires me! I really am slightly obsessed.. And truly I think that had Pinterest not been around, I would have never been able to break up with Facebook. It has just made the transition so much easier. But back to where I was going with all of this, on the "planning" topic. I've figured out that everything is so much easier with a little plan. Even life! I've planned out my cleaning and laundry schedules, my daily "what to do" issue has been solved, and I've realized that I need to start doing something for me! So once or twice a month I'm going to start tackling a new craft or hobby, just something I can spend ME time on that will make me feel good. Whether it be something for the kids room or a decoration for our future home or whatever, I am excited! Creating is so much fun, which is why I'm sure I love baking as well.

So I'm super excited about a happier healthier me, and a cleaner house! With one area per day to deep clean, I will be SO MUCH less stressed. I can feel it already. I'm always so concerned about having the whole house perfect before saia comes home each day, and it gets stressful just thinking about it. But with deep cleaning one area per day, I know the house in general will stay cleaner and feel better. I know it's this spring weather that's getting to me, as well as the "nesting" period I'm currently in.. But I love it. I love feeling productive, it's a great feeling!

With allllllllllll of that being said, the last thing I'd like to touch on is this little gentleman who is still growing inside of me. He's due in a mere month and a half. Our family of four will be a family of five. FIIIIIIVE. This is HUGE for me, because I've always only known of a family of four. I only had one brother, so it was always just four of us! Well not any longer! It's going to be a huge adjustment, I already know it, but I'm so excited for it! It's crazy we have been blessed with three healthy babies! I am so excited about our future and what else is to come. My plan is to wait atleeeeeast a year and a half - two years before having another. But we shall see!!!

1 comment:

Julianna said...

send that cleaning schedule my way, i could sure use some ideas and motivation! good for you!