3.25.2013

I got my trash kicked!

3/19/13

So here I am, sitting in a hospital bed with a perfect, brand new baby by my side :) I keep thinking "wow, he is finally here!" I am absolutely in love with him. He makes up for the hell I went through last night and this morning, though its something I won't forget for a long long time. Lets just call it the perfect birth control because I by NO means want to go through all of that again!

Anyway, yesterday I had my drs appt at 1:45. I actually saw a nurse practitioner instead of my dr, but that was fine. She was extremely sweet. She checked my cervix and let me know I was a loose 4. Cool! Up one cm from last week. I then asked her to strip my membranes and lets just say she did a great job! If it wasn't for that uncomfortable procedure, I'm almost positive I'd still be home and pregnant right now. After the appt my mom and I took the kids to the park to walk around and hopefully get things started! It totally worked. It was a fun day at the park with the kids and pretty much as soon as I got home, the contractions began. Nothing painful or consistent, it just got uncomfortable here and there. Anyway by 9 I was noticing they were 6 minutes apart, then eventually about 4. Saia and I showered then headed for the hospital. Poor guy was so tired from work! As soon as we got into my l&d room, he was on the couch wrapped up in his blanket and O.U.T. He did at least let me know to wake him up if I needed him. Anyway, I was having regular contractions monitored at 5 min apart, but my cervix wasn't dilating anymore than a 4. The nurse spoke with my dr who decided to keep me there, because he was sure I was just in early labor, AND considering how fast my last labor and delivery was, they didn't want to send me home in fear I'd have the baby there. Anyway! So I closed my eyes and got as much sleep as I could. Because I had my other two at around 3:30, I was hoping for the same with this one. Well, clearly he wasn't ready but by about 6, I could tell I'd progressed. My contractions were really uncomfortable and I was having to breathe slowly through them. I asked for some pain medicine and whatever it was they gave me I did NOT like. Sure it helped with pain for the first 20 minutes, but then just left me feeling SO drugged to where all I could do was fall asleep! I'd be mid sentence with the nurse, then fall asleep out of no where. The drug started with a D I believe, and didn't wear off until HOURS after delivery. I had the same thing with lyric and definitely won't be going that route again!

So anyway, around 7-8 my dr came in and broke my water. I was already 8cm. I had asked about the epidural and they assured me that I'd have time to get it before delivering. The contractions sped up and intensified big time. I knew that the epidural wasn't going to kick in before I had this baby, but I thought I'd just have a little faith in the nurses words. FAITH MY ASS. I got the epidural, and though it numbed my legs completely, I felt everything from the groin area up... Which hello that's where I'd be feeling it anyway, even without that epidural. WORST PAIN OF MY LIFE. I wanted to cry and scream but could do neither. I just wanted to escape so badly. Saia was looking at me clueless as to what to do, and obviously there was nothing. I was being touched and moved by the nurses and though I stuck in a please when I said don't touch me, it was clear I wasn't a happy camper! I told the anesthesiologist that it wasn't working and he said he'd try and move it so I'd feel it working in that area. Well at that time I was getting another contraction, and he was trying to have me lean over. OUCH. I squeezed out "wait....." And he didn't listen. Then sternly I remember saying WAIT. PLEASE. Because it was just too much to bear at that point. I felt bad for feeling so ugly towards him, but at the same time I was hurting. Also, I'm sure things that are a lot worse have been yelled at him before haha. 

After another failed attempt of fixing the epidural, it was time to push. Between the D drug that had me falling asleep and my legs that were BEYOND numb, I felt I had no energy to push and it started scaring me. I was truly having flashbacks of feeling the same way before being told I had to c section with lyric. It was 8:45am and I started thinking of lyric and Luve at home, who would be waking up shortly. I HAD to do this. For me, and for them. I couldn't be away from them for 3 days in the hospital. I missed them already. After 13 minutes, 4 long pushes and lots of "he's right there, and has tons of hair!" Speeches, he was out. I've never felt such relief. The pain instantly started to disappear. They laid him on my stomach after suctioning his nose and mouth and had saia cut the cord. He was all slimy and bloody but still so cute. I couldn't wait for the nurses to wash him off so I could really see him. He was born at 9am even, weighing 8lb and 21" long. He looked JUST like lyric as a newborn.  We love him.

No comments: