3.05.2013

Progress!

More and more progress lately! I'm so impressed with my babies, and so happy that things are rolling semi smoothly as well. This past weekend I began putting lyric in her big girl loft bed. I was so afraid that she would fall off the bed, or be afraid to sleep somewhere else other than her crib, but it was such an easy/smooth transition! She's been sleeping up there every night and nap since. So yesterday was her fourth night and I figured its time to try and get Luve into their (now) shared room and into lyrics old crib. Wellllllll the kid cried for a good 25 minutes before falling asleep. It was a little rough but I knew he was tired and would eventually fall asleep. He did and I was then able to get lyric into her bed for the night. Our goal is obviously that once Luve is comfortable sleeping in there, that ill be able to put them down for bed at the same time. Hopefully soon!


Now lets fast forward to today. Well first lets start by saying that my kids generally sleep till 9-9:30. YES I REALIZE HOW EXTREMELY LUCKY I AM! Anyway, on days saia works, I usually wake Luve up with us around 5:45 to change his diaper and fill his bottle for him. I think that's what carries him over to 9:30 in the mornings. So this morning I figured since I wasn't going to do that, he would probably wake up early.. And wake up lyric as well. Welp! I was right! He woke up about 8:15, which isn't bad at all, but still earlier than normal. S they were both up. NOW fast forward to 11:30, nap time. I put Luve down and surprisingly there was no crying like we went through last night. 30 min later, I put lyric up on her bed. I closed the door and was shocked realizing how easy this has been! But then, the giggling began. Lyric started laughing and saying wake up bubba! Because she's in a loft bed up high, she can clearly see into his crib. She obviously wants to play! So now, 20 minutes later, I'm still listening to them in there. Do I leave them to fall asleep, or should I go fill their drinks and put them back down? I think it's quite funny and cute, just hearing the little babbling conversations they're having. It is funny and cute, but won't be either of those this afternoon if they don't get some sleep now! Lord help me.


Once this little hurdle is done, potty training here we come! Wish us luck :) 16 days until baby #3 joins our family! Xo

No comments: